Your home should be a safe haven, not only from the stress you face from day to day life, but also from any illnesses and environmental hazards. As such, you should employ ways that will keep it safe and toxic free. Here are some of the tips to keeping your home healthy.
Below we share with you 9 tips to keep your home its healthiest.
1. Only choose safe cleaning products. A common mistake people make with their cleaning products is not looking at what they comprise of. These cleaning agents are used all over the home ranging from the bathrooms, the kitchen, the living rooms, and even the floors. Selecting cleaning products that are safe and non-toxic ensures your home is safe.
2. Stay away from synthetic materials. Most people will find this step one of the hardest, as synthetic materials tend to be the cheaper option. Thus, you will find most household items such as carpets; clothing, furnishings and more are cheaper when made from synthetic fires. However, if you would like to keep your home safe you would be better off with items made from organic fibers.
3. Let fresh air in. A common mistake most people do is constantly running their air conditioning to keep their air in their home circulating. However, this is not the best way of doing this. It is advisable to open your windows and even your skylight if you have one at least once a day to let in some fresh air into the home.
4. Stay away from paints and glue that contain VOC. You can get alternatives that contain low amounts of these and these tend to be much safer for use in your home. Constant exposure to VOC from the paint in your home could affect your health as well as the people who live in your home.
5. Open the window when taking a bath or a shower. If you do not have a window in your bathroom, install a fan. This is because humid bathrooms are a haven for mold. In small amounts, this mold may not be harmful but when it accumulates over time, it could be a health hazard.
6. Clean your home regularly. Most people probably do this but do not do it thoroughly. Dust bunnies tend to accumulate over time. The more dust bunnies present in your home, the less clean the air that you breathe is. Whether you're cleaning marble countertops or vacuuming the house, be sure to do it thoroughly to keep your home its healthiest.
7. Have the furnaces and heaters in your home inspected regularly. The most common problem that one could encounter with these appliances is leaks. Gas leaks could not only kill you by inhaling the flames, but they also pose a risk of an explosion occurring. Most people assume they would immediately smell a gas leak but slow leaks typically go unnoticed thus it is recommended to have them looked at from time to time.
8. In addition to having your appliances checked for leaks, also ensure that you have smoke and carbon dioxide detectors installed in your home.
9. Switch off electrical appliances when they are not in use. Not only is this cost effective on your utility bills, but it also decreases your exposure to EMFs.
Thanks for reading these 9 tips on keeping your home healthy. If you have any additional tips that you'd like to share, please add them in the comments section below.continue...
Gasoline is a very vital product that is used to run cars, trucks, boats and other machines that have motors like motorized saws and lawnmowers. However, gasoline contains chemical compounds that may pose a threat to humans and the environment.
Gasoline should never be disposed of by pouring it on the ground, into a sewer, a drainage system, stream or any other water body. Such actions are harmful to the environment as they may cause fire explosions and environmental pollution. Improper disposal may also attract fines and heavy penalties.
Gasoline can cause water, land and air pollution if it is not properly disposed or recycled. The product contains very harmful chemicals that may cause illnesses in people and animals if it is ingested by drinking contaminated water. The gases that are released by the product can also cause air pollution. If such polluted air is inhaled it can cause breathing disorders like asthma and emphysema. The gases are responsible for the depletion of the ozone layer which is the cause of global warming.
To keep people and the environment safe from such toxic chemicals it is important to ensure that after use, the product is taken to a place where proper gasoline recycling procedures are followed.
Unless it is contaminated with other substances, gasoline remains usable under most circumstances. However, as it ages, it tends to lose some of its ability to ignite engines. It may cause sluggish behavior or even temporary failure of an engine. If it is stored for long, it can be contaminated by water, rust particles and even dirt. This makes it gummy or varnished. Such gasoline can only be used after reconditioning.
To recondition gasoline, pour the old gasoline into a different container using a funnel that is lined with a coffee filter or two layers of thin cloth. This helps in removing foreign particles from the product. The filtered gasoline should be mixed with new gasoline in the ratio of 1:5.
In many cases, gasoline recycling can be conducted by professional companies who have the systems in place. Additionally, some specialized centers are created to provide gasoline fuel disposal and recycling services for people to bring by their unwanted fuel.
Gasoline fuel purification is also a great solution to ensure gas is properly recycled. One of the most common challenges during this process is removing water from gasoline.
To remove water from gasoline, pour the gasoline into a transparent container. Because the water is heavier, it will settle at the bottom. Carefully pour the gasoline into a different gas can leaving the water in the container. Such water should not be poured down the sink, drain or on the ground. Instead, it should be poured into a box that is lined with plastic and has absorbent material like sand. Once the water dries up the box, plastic and sand should be thrown in a trash can.
There are various local government waste agencies and recycling centers that have the correct tools for recycling gasoline hence ensuring that it is reused or disposed off safely. There are also many local auto stores or hardware stores that have gasoline recycling programs. Here, old gasoline is used to make new products hence protecting the environment from pollution.
Proper recycling and disposal of gasoline is very important as it significantly reduces the depletion of raw materials that are obtained through mining excavations that may be detrimental to the environment. It is also cost effective.continue...
Technology is a boon to the mankind that it has revolutionized the way of living of the people around the world. The recent technologies in the home security system have made it possible for the people to lead a peaceful life.
A home security system works through the interworking components and devices system for securing the home and the people residing in it. The system includes components like control panel, doors and windows sensors, interior and exterior motion sensors, wireless security camera, high decibel alarm, yard signs, etc.
The home security system comes in a wide variety with each of them having some special features. This article highlights the ways by which the technology (home security system) can make the homes safer and secured.
The modern technology protects the home residents from the possible theft or robbery. The home security system would threaten about the possible entry of a thief or a burglar using the alarm system. This alarm system can make the nearby residents be notified of any break-in.
The installation of such alarm systems in the homes of an area can make the robberies go down drastically in that area, hence making it a safer place to live for everyone.
Technology has made people access their home even when they are miles away. The home security system has an ability to make the homes access from remote places. This comes as handy for people who are away from their homes for business or personal reasons.
There are cameras installed throughout the homes as a part of the security system. This makes people to remotely monitor about the happenings at home when they are away. The system also enables control of the thermostat, lights, door locks, etc in the home.
The home security system avoids accidents due to accidental fires at home as it comes with the fire alarm system. The system issues warning when the intensity of fire increases in the home. The emission of Carbon monoxide is also monitored by the home security system. These can be notified even when the people are away from their homes.
The technology of home security comes with the feature of unlocking the doors that are automatic. This can be done when the people are away from home and this will be helpful for the office goers when their children are returning back from schools.
The possible losing of house keys by the children can be avoided, making the people feel relaxed. The doors can also be accessed by the people to lock it when they are not sure about having locked it while leaving their home.
Above all, the most important point is the sense of security and peace which one gets through the installation of home security alarm systems. This would make people confident about the safety aspects of their homes and makes them more comfortable, productive, focused and energetic. Avoiding unnecessary worries about the safety of the home makes the people healthy, both physically and mentally.
As a result, installing a home security system will make people lives easy and stress-free. This technology is worthwhile to make an investment in the home security system.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.