To best ensure that your marble sustains its natural finished look for a lifetime, the right approach to cleaning and care is paramount. Marble is a bit more fragile than other forms of natural stone or ceramic tiles, which requires a unique approach to maintenance and care.
Several types of cleaners that typically used for ceramics can result in staining or harming natural stone like marble or granite. For this reason, it's crucial that when cleaning a marble stone surface, you use a marble cleaning solution that contains a low concentration of acid.
Aside from what type of cleaner your use for marble, how you clean marble is just as significant. Because natural stone like marble and granite is much more fragile than types of ceramics, sand granules and dirt particles can scratch the stone when wiping the surface. It's thus important that you take the necessary steps in cleaning marble the right way.
When cleaning a unique stone surface like marble, it's important that you use only marble cleaners that are designated for such natural stone. Most types of marble cleaners will be free of acid, or a very low concentrate of neutral pH cleaners. This will help to ensure that the already existing seal or wax finish is not blemished during the marble cleaning process.
Before cleaning a marble countertop or floor, ensure that the marble surface is dampened with clean water. This will make the marble cleaning solution to be more effective in breaking down grime and other particles. The ideal applicators for marble cleaners are sponges, mops, and microfiber clothes. First use a spray bottle or a misting applicator to cover the marble surface effectively. Once applied, allow the marble cleaner to rest for the suggested amount of time as recommended by the manufacturer of the cleaner. Next, carefully scrub the marble surface with a with a clean sponge, mop, or soft bristle brush.
Once the marble has been effectively cleaned and sanitized, you can periodically apply a finish or wax to further enhance the marble's beauty. First, apply the refinishing solution with a spray bottle and immediately buff the marble with a nylon pad. Depending on how old the marble is, you may want to re-apply refinishing solution as often as needed. You can typically find marble refinishing kits in retail stores or on the Internet.
In some parts of the home or landscape where marble may have been neglected, you may need to use a more heavy-duty marble cleaning solution to effectively remove dirt and grime. In these case, try to pinpoint a heavy-duty marble cleaner that has low amounts of organic compounds for more thorough cleaning. These natural cleaning products are optimally concentrated to deep-clean marble without causing any long-term damage. Some marble refinishing kits will even include everything you need for heavy-duty marble cleaning.
Cleaning and caring for marble is not difficult when you know what you're doing. We hope these marble cleaning tips will help you keep your marble surfaces shining for years.continue...
Marble is one of the most exquisite stones that could be used in homes either for countertops or for flooring purposes. However, this stone is much more porous than other minerals and as such is quite prone to staining. It also retains these stains much easier than other stones that are dense. As such, you should take considerable care when you own marble countertops or tile flooring.
So what are some of the top cleaning solutions for marble countertops? Below we share with you six tips for cleaning marble countertops.
1. When wiping down marble, ensure that you do so with lukewarm water with a soft cloth. Once in a while, you could use mild detergents, such as a specified marble cleaner, but ensure that they do not contain too many harsh chemicals as these would ruin the sealer on the marble. Once you have finished cleaning the marble countertops, ensure that you wipe them dry to avoid streaking.
2. For people who would like to care for their marble countertops a step further, you could consider waxing them from time to time. Although the marble countertops will come with marble sealer, the extra coat of wax will provide additional protection.
3. Keep acidic substances away from marble. Marble is a gorgeous material and although it is not as dense as granite, it is still quite durable. However, it does not react well with acidic substances. These will include liquids such as wine, juice, coffee and more. Spills from acidic substances will cause chemical etching to the marble countertops and this will compromise its appearance.
4. Install marble in areas that experience little traffic. The most common areas for marble installation tend to be kitchen countertops as well as bathroom countertops. Although they make these areas look appealing, the countertops are also much more prone to succumb to wear and tear in these regions. The best places to install marble would be powder bath, surrounding tuba, stone fireplaces, floor tiles as well as table tops. When using marble as floor tiles, ensure you place mats and rugs on areas that experience a lot of foot traffic.
5. If you would like to keep you marble countertops shiny and new, ensure that they are exposed to very little amounts of dust as well as dirt. That is why it important to wipe the marble every day so as not to let the dust get a chance to settle and accumulate. In addition to this, dirt and grime could end up being abrasive to the marble. That is why it is essential to ensure that the marble surfaces are not covered in dirt.
6. If you have marble floor tiles, it is advisable to have visitors take their shoes off at the door before they come in. If this is not an option, then you should have entrance mats for them to scrape of the dirt from their shoes. Small pieces of grit in the shoes will cause scratches to the marble. When cleaning marble floors, use a soft mop or a broom with soft bristles. Vacuuming the marble would also be a good option before cleaning marble but ensure that there is no grit caught in the wheels of the vacuum cleaner.
Well there you have it. Six tips cleaning tips to help sustain the life of your marble countertops. Just be sure to use the right marble cleaner to ensure optimal protection and sustainability.continue...
Because marble is a soft stone that is sensitive to common, chemically-based household cleaners, it's important to use specific marble cleaning products that are safe on the natural stone's surface.
In short, acids and chemicals will corrode the surface of marble, causing etching. And when it etching occurs, a more extensive approach to marble restoration is needed.
As a result, it's key to invest in the right marble cleaning products. In this post, we'll share with your four marble cleaners that are both safe and effective at cleaning marble.
There have been praises about this product and even after using it for two days it is already one of the top picks. Although it may seem to be an expensive option retailing at $7.99 for a bottle of 12 oz. with an additional $5 for shipping, it is worth it in the end. The marble cleaner spray emits a fine mist which can encompass a large surface thus you should not use much of it to clean large areas. In addition to this, it has a clean scent although somewhat laced with chemicals. One thing though would be it would be much better with a high design bottle such as other types of Method products. The Method website guarantees the product to be both biodegradable as well as safe.
These kitchen wipes are bleach free. Ever since the E. coli scare there has been much thought put into how people clean their kitchen worktops. The product’s package claims to kill both salmonella as well as E. coli. Since it is not advisable to use harsh chemicals when cleaning marble, they are best used for the moments you are looking to clean surfaces thoroughly rather than simply wipe them down. The wipes are also good to use on stainless steel sinks. It is an advantage when a product can be out to use for more than one task. Although these wipes are quite convenient, there are worries about the implications they could have on the environment considering each wipe is for one time use. The wipes retail for $3.19 for a tub of 35.
This product is the strongest smelling and also comes in the most aesthetically appealing packaging. During testing of the product it was found that the lavender smell could be quite overpowering especially while cooking something else in the kitchen. However, most people commented on how it was rather refreshing as compared to other countertop sprays. This product has the least amount of ingredients that are chemically based and as such has almost no chemical smell. In addition to this, it is biodegradable as well as “cruelty free”. It retails for $5 from the website and at $4.99 from Drugstore.com. We stopped using this though due to the streaking that it causes.
The 32 oz. bottle retails at $8.95 excluding tax. It can be used to clean a range of surfaces such as marble floors, shower, walls and more. It works quite well on different materials such as marble, porcelain tiles as well as ceramic. This product makes you feel like you are cleaning your marble surfaces like a professional as NeutraSheen is a popular choice for hotels as well as marble cleaning companies. Since it comes in a 32 oz. bottle it is quite economical as a small amount can go a long way in cleaning and caring for marble. If you are a looking for a solution for everyday spills, this product will make short work of it.
Do you have a favorite marble cleaner product that you like to use? Let us know in the comments section below.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.