In today's world, with so many Americans facing obesity, there are a tons of people suffering from cardiovascular disease. This chronic disease is known to be correlated to high levels of fat compounds called triglycerides, which circulate in the bloodstream. Triglycerides are compounds composed of fatty acids and are very dangerous in high levels.
Lowing triglyceride levels can be difficult, and many people have a difficult time lowering their levels through the traditional methods of diet and exercise. However, studies in this area are showing unconventional yet effective methods for lowering triglyceride levels through the foods we eat.
In a recent research study done at Penn State, researchers began studying the role of spices (such as curry, cinnamon, turmeric, and other spices) and their role in the body. They fed participants heavily spiced curry chicken and other dishes and measured their pre and post meal triglyceride levels. The team discovered that the group which had eaten the spicy meal had decreased triglyceride level by a third, which was a notably dramatic decrease.
While the exact reasons why levels were decreased are not known, this experiment was a breakthrough in the field of cardiovascular research. The study also found that the spicy dishes helped to enhance the antioxidant activity and helped to stabilize insulin levels in the blood after a meal. The heavy spices worked on several different mechanisms in the body, all producing positive responses. The antioxidant activity of spices is also a method that can be used to treat many chronic disease states naturally and improve overall health.
This study yielded surprising results. While more research is needed to determine if the effects of spicy foods are viable for long-term health, researchers are hopeful that their work will lead to better understanding of triglycerides and heart disease. Overall, the research team made a breakthrough in the area of heart disease.continue...
If you want to lose fat and build muscle, you need various veggies, proteins, carbs, fruits and healthy fats. Protein does not only help in muscle building, it also enhances fat loss. Eating fats enhances fat loss too. The body reserves fats if you do not take in more fats.
Veggies and fruits contain minerals and vitamins that help in the recovery of workouts. Carbs fuel one’s muscles, making them feel energetic at the gym. Many people struggle to acquire these foods possibly because of being busy or for lack of required information. Here are the top 15 foods for your muscle recovery:
1. Whole eggs - This is a rich and cheap protein source: about 7g per egg. The egg yolk has vitamins A, E and D, half the protein, and cholesterol for natural increase in testosterone amounts. Do not worry about egg cholesterol as dietary cholesterol is not limited to blood cholesterol. Instead, bad cholesterol requires a reduction in body fat.
2. Fish oil - This lower skin and joint inflammation, lowers body fat besides raising testosterone levels. You require 9000mg DHA/EPA per day. Because getting this from a fatty fish may be hard, you should consider the fish oil supplement.
3. Wild caught salmon - It is among the best Omega-3 sources. Omega-3 fatty acids offer you 20g protein/100g serving. However, farm raised salmon has lower levels of omega-3. Therefore, use wild salmon.
4. Berries - These strong antioxidants prevent cancer, eye and heart diseases. Any type of berries works. Go for frozen or fresh ones and blend them with oatmeal.
5. Flax seeds - It is a source of fiber, omega-3 and protein. To benefit from these seeds, grind them. Take one tablespoon with berries and yogurt before sleeping. Avoid flax oil because it has no fiber and is unstable.
6. Extra virgin olive oil - Has 70 percent monosaturated fats, which protect one against heart ailments and cancer. Add one to two tablespoon of olive oil to salads.
7. Broccoli - They contain large amounts of anti-estrogen indoles and cancer-fighting phytochemicals. Broccoli also contains low calorie and large amounts of soluble fiber that aid in fat loss. For a change eat the other cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, kale, and cauliflower.
8. Spinach - It an alkaline food that prevents bone and muscle loss. It also prevents cancer and heart disorders because it is rich in nutrients.
9. Quinoa - It is rich in protein and fiber than oats and rice. It is gluten free and tastes better. Go for the whiter grain, as it has better quality. Take it after workouts with spinach and meat.
10. Oats - They reduce cholesterol and supply you with the low-gi carbs for energy. They are high in soluble fiber.
11. Tomatoes - Are rich in lycopene that prevents cancer. Tomato paste’s lycopene is four times more bioavailable than what fresh tomatoes contain. After strength training, have pasta or pizza with tomato sauce and some olive oil.
12. Apples - They contain pectin what helps in weight loss by raising satiety. Moreover, apples are strong antioxidants. Since pests contaminate most apples, choose organic.
13. Water - the body holds water if you do not drink sufficient. Therefore, drinking it averts water retention, hinders dehydration and aids in muscle recovery.
14. Carrots - They are rich in vitamin A that enhances vision especially at night. They contain high fiber, and low calorie.
15. Green tea - It is a natural diuretic and strong antioxidant. It accelerates fat loss, improves circulation and blood sugar and prevents cancer. Drink it in the morning rather than coffee.
Stayed tuned on the Health n' Wellness blog for more nutrition tips for exercise, muscle recovery, and optimal health.continue...
As we seek better ways of caring for our health, body, and beauty, medical technology and procedures keep advancing and with new advancements. Such treatments have progressed to the point where every major metropolitan city has laser skin care centers and body contouring solutions.
Now, individuals can take advantage of efficient and effective treatments that can help them remove unwanted hair and fat from their bodies. In this article we will look at three body contouring and skin care procedures that will continue to get more attention and huge demand in 2017.
It comes as no surprise that laser for hair removal is one of the leading cosmetic treatments in the world today. With the passage of time, laser technology has gone through significant changes. The treatment is safe and has virtually no side effects.
You need not worry about the pain because the procedure is very subtle and provides minimal discomfort. Laser hair removal is 100% non-invasive, and you can even take this treatment in your office break time as there is no downtime involved.
Unlike other hair removal treatments, it is simple, takes less time to perform, and delivers long-lasting results. The best aspect of laser hair removal, which allures people, is the side benefit of the laser.
Today, we have brilliant laser hair removal devices that not only remove our hair, but also resurface, make white, and tighten the skin. In short, there are many new benefits of laser hair removal treatment using more advanced technologies.
SmartLipo laser is a revolutionary concept of fat reduction a ground-breaking technique designed to remove excess fatty tissue in hard to lose areas such as double chins, love handles and upper arms which are resistant to loss even by dieting and exercise.
The SmartLipo laser lypolysis provokes the breaking up of the fat cell membranes melting them into a liquid substance so as to then be absorbed and eliminated by the body's natural process via the lymphatic system.
SmartLipo laser lypolysis has turned into the most sought after procedure of 2016. The demand for Smarlipo has propelled for some time now, when the SmartLipo MPX laser system was introduced in different places as the evolutionary new SmartLipo MPX. It has become the number one aesthetic surgical procedure, within a very short period. The new generation Machine of SmartLipo MPX has made this treatment an upward trend that will carry on.
SmartLipo liposuction is worth a try considering that it both eliminates fat for good, and promotes skin tightening. In this beauty conscious era, you too could benefit from an attractive, tighter and firmer figure.
Cellulaze is a ground-breaking method of laser cellulite removal. It defeats other treatments for the cottage cheese problem because it deals with the root structural issues responsible for its development. It works effectively on the three target structural problems in the following ways:
Getting in touch with a reliable and reputable plastic surgeon or laser skin care center with qualified doctors is of paramount importance in ensuring the safety and success of the Cellulaze cellulite treatment procedure.
Ultimately your health, aesthetic and psychological requirements are of paramount importance and securing the services of experienced surgeons, and hospitable staff will help you feel comfortable and safe through the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment procedure and even after the surgery during the post-operative care.
For more information about laser hair removal, SmartLipo, and Cellulaze, check out Women's Institute for Health in Atlanta (WIFH.com) where they offer all of these advanced treatments, and more.
6115 Peachtree Dunwoody Road #200
Atlanta, GA 30328
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.