Although these signs are embarrassing and upsetting, they are important warning signs that you should start taking good care of your hair and scalp before things get worse. However, to ensure good health of your hair you need tips to guide you. There are several ways through which you can keep your hair and scalp naturally healthy.
1. Washing hair correctly: Washing hair daily causes stripping of natural oils of the hair and the scalp by showers and baths. As such, it is not advisable to wash hair every day. When you wash your hair, massage the scalp using an appropriate conditioner or shampoo for about 40 seconds and then wash it out. This helps in increasing blood circulation in the scalp and reducing dandruff. If you have wavy or curly hair, use silicone or sulfate free shampoo. Always wash your hair in a cool setting. This helps in sealing hair cuticles while locking in moisture which is good for a healthy scalp.
2. Do not brush your hair before drying it: Wet hair is likely to break when brushed. Therefore, dry your hair carefully using a blow dryer. Hold the blow dryer at a distance to protect your hair and scalp from heat. When brushing, use a bristle brush that will distribute oil in your hair making it shinier and softer.
3. Treat your hair: Use natural conditioning treatments on your hair regularly. Such conditioning treatments include mayonnaise, full-fat milk, egg and olive oil. Rinse the treatment thoroughly after two to three hours but do not apply shampoo when you use them. Treating your hair and scalp twice every week will enhance the health of your hair and scalp.
4. Use styling products wisely: If not used carefully, styling products will dry the scalp. To avoid this, stop using styling products more often. Styling your hair at most four times per week will help in preventing hair and scalp damage. To accessorize your hair, use barrettes or clips. You can coordinate these accessories with your personality or outfits to achieve the look that you desire. If you must use elastics, go for fabric-covered elastics that will prevent hair tangles and breakages.
5. Adopt a good diet: Eating healthy foods will keep your scalp and hair naturally healthier. A good diet can also prevent problems that lead to hair loss. Omega 3 fatty acids and other essential fatty acids are vital in promoting a healthy scalp, hair, skin and nails. Include foods that supply your body with these fatty acids in your diet daily. Such foods include fatty fish like tuna, salmon and mackerel. Other foods that can supply essential fatty acids to your body include fax seeds oil, milk, almonds and walnuts.
Your goal should be to keep your scalp and hair naturally oily and strong. Following these tips will help you achieve this if you practice them regularly.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.