It is good for people to undertake different measures to develop improved mental habits that will strengthen their intellect. One of the most recent developments is the prediction by the Inter Continental Hotels Group that ‘brain spas’ or places where commuters desire to learn much will determine their destination choices. They asserted that the market for services and products following the latest demand mind friendly spa treatments will grow between one and five billion by 2015.
It is essential to keep the mind alert and healthy particularly in the current hyper-informational and over stimulated environment. With regard to this, here are the five brain friendly sap treatments to enhance your mental health.
• Meditation - This refers to focusing the mind in a certain way. The benefits of meditation are endless. Some of the benefits it brings include calming and quieting the mind, relaxing the body, honing the use of your mental skills in performing tasks like focusing your attention on one object for a longer duration. It also helps to create the state of pure awareness of sensations, emotions and thoughts without reacting. Research from the University of Pennsylvania shows that long-term meditators display exceptionally higher cerebral blood flow within their brain structures linked to emotion, attention and more.
• Ayurveda - This name means the science of life and its goal is to attain optimal health at all levels, including the physical, spiritual and mental levels, though use of techniques and theories that incorporate exercise, herbal medicine, diet, massage and meditation. Former pilot studies indicated that this science creates positive results for depression, alzheimer’s, anxiety and Parkinson, among others. Some spas like the Raj located in Iowa have programs that help to avert the onset of age-associated cognitive ailments such as memory loss and Alzheimer’s.
It is an extensive program in conjunction with the Brain Research Institute director – Alarik Arenander, Ph.D. It entails the evaluation by a health consultant through the use of pulse diagnosis, health education classes, Maharishi rejuvenation treatments, fitness activities, informative lectures and cooking classes.
• Vibration/Music/Light/Sound and Color Therapy - In stimulating the mind, the forces of light, color, sound and music can create a huge impact on energy levels, mood change and relaxation. The scientific explanation on how vibrations and frequencies affect people both emotionally and physically is immense. There are various treatments like the Tibetan sound massage, singing bowls and the Kohler’s Vibra Acoustic baths, where sound waves move through the water and become choreographed to chromotherapy and music.
The other treatment is Taiz Sensorium that integrates vibrational medicine, gentle human touch, music therapy and aromatic oils. The last one is Shuniya sound therapy that entails a healing ceremony, which infuses vibration and sound though the Tibetan bowls, gong baths, Kundalini Yoga and turning forks coupled with Thai massage, shiatsu and Chi nei tsang.
• Exercise - Studies show that less than a third of the Americans meet the least recommendations for physical exercises. This research is worrying since engaging in any exercise like hiking, tai chai, walking and yoga can greatly help to strengthen your mind.
• Sleep Therapy - This one helps to rest your mind. Although this is not a common spa treatment surrounding us make it hard for most people to give good rest to their minds. In fact, the average adult sleeps for less than 7 hours per night yet research suggests 7 to 8 of sleep time. Insufficient sleep is associated with heart disorders, hypertension and cancer apart from memory problems.
This article was written by the advocates of Five Senses Spa & Salon, one of nation's leading hair salons and spas in Peoria, IL. The spa and salon specialists of Five Senses Spa & Salon pioneers spa experiences by incorporating an inspiring combinations of treatments.continue...
Massage Therapy is the physical manipulation, or rubbing of the muscles and soft tissues to improve one’s health and comfort. Referenced in various medical texts, it is recognized as one of the oldest methods of healing and restoration dating back nearly 4,000 years.
In the 4th century B.C. the “father of medicine”, Hippocrates, mentioned massage saying, “The physician must be acquainted with many things, and assuredly with rubbing.” This rubbing massage technique is also known today as bodywork or somatic therapy. In addition to rubbing other variations of massage therapy include, vibration, applying a steady movable pressure, friction, kneading, rocking, and compression with the hands.
Here is a list of the most common types of massage:
The different methods involved are all used to benefit the musculoskeletal, circulatory-lymphatic, nervous, and other systems of the body. These systems affect the daily quality of life so it’s important to use massage therapy to promote healing and recovery, and also reduce inflammation and muscular pain.
It’s important that scientist validate the benefits of massage therapy and to do that they need to look at what it does on a biological level. Studies show that after a tough workout, massage therapy helped to reduce the production of inflammatory cytokines. However, the massaged promoted mitochondrial biogenesis, which lead to enhanced recovery. Contrary to popular believe, massage therapy does not clear lactic acid from the tissue and glycogen levels do not change.
Massage therapy has been known to reduce stress on a physical and psychological level. After a study on the effect of trigger point therapy there was a great decrease in heart rate, systolic blood pressure, and diastolic blood pressure. After a 10 to 15 min massage, measures of blood pressure, oxygen consumption, and salivary cortisol levels were all lower.
Here is a list of things massage therapy can help relieve:
Massage therapy doesn’t just help physical conditions and illnesses. It can also promote relaxation and peace of mind.
It’s important to talk to your doctor to see if finding a local massage therapist in Bloomington, IL is right for you. You should also seek massage therapy from professionals if you wish to try it because of serious problems that could occur from receiving it from someone who doesn’t understand what it does to the inside of the body.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.