Every time you opt to take fresh juices to improve your health, there are nutrients, flavor profiles, and various other characteristics you want to maximize.
It could be fresh orange, pineapple or mango juice as per your preference, but including select veggies can not only added more nutrients, but also smoothen the flavor.
Not all types of fruits make great juices. Some are better than others. It is important that you know these tips to avoid wasting money as well as your precious time. Below are 7 tips to help you start juicing for better health.
1. Exposing your kids to juicing - In order to add more fun to the process of making juice at home, involve your kids. When you go shopping for fruits take them along and ask them to give you suggestions on the fruits they like. To make it sweeter and more attractive, add some ripe bananas, ice and flavored milk. Vanilla and strawberry are some of the common flavors. Blend these together. Serve the juice and provide your kids with straws.
2. Remove all pulp - Some fruits when blended produce a thick pulpy mixture. Not many people enjoy the sensation caused by this pulp. If you want to rid your juices of this, you can try passing it through a filter. Coffee filters and cheese cloths help eliminate pulp leaving you with a smooth flowing drink.
3. Getting the right flavor - For every juice that you prepare, listen to your taste buds. Your body can tell you what it likes. On the other hand, if you get a stomach upset after a glass of juice, it means there is an ingredient that your body does not like. Find out what it is and avoid it during the next preparation. Since some of the ingredients you are trying to avoid could be the most nutritious, mix them with vegetables and other fruits. This will rid your juice of unwanted flavors.
4. Start from the known to the unknown - Start with those fruits that you enjoy eating whole. You could have liking for bananas, oranges or mangoes for that matter. You will find that you enjoy juices from such fruits since it is what you are familiar with. Once you are adept at blending your favorite fruits, try introducing variations and see how they come out.
5. Know your fruits - There are some fruits whose nutritional value is highly preserved when you blend them without removing their peels. For instance, apple skins contain high concentrations of antioxidants than you would find in other parts of the fruit. Conversely, the peels of grapes and oranges may contain traces of pesticides. Such fruits should be peeled before being used to make juice.
6. Creatively combine fruits and vegetables - Vegetable juices are healthier than fruit based ones. Always make sure that your juice consists of at least 50-70 percent of vegetables. The rest should be made up of fruits. Some of the greens you can use include broccoli, kale and spinach. This can optimize the level of nutrition in your juice.
7. Do your homework - Before you embark on a fresh juice health program, do some research and find out about fruits, vegetables and their nutritional value. You could also ask a dietician to assist. Get recipes from books, friends or the Internet.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.