Marble is one of the most exquisite stones that could be used in homes either for countertops or for flooring purposes. However, this stone is much more porous than other minerals and as such is quite prone to staining. It also retains these stains much easier than other stones that are dense. As such, you should take considerable care when you own marble countertops or tile flooring.
So what are some of the top cleaning solutions for marble countertops? Below we share with you six tips for cleaning marble countertops.
1. When wiping down marble, ensure that you do so with lukewarm water with a soft cloth. Once in a while, you could use mild detergents, such as a specified marble cleaner, but ensure that they do not contain too many harsh chemicals as these would ruin the sealer on the marble. Once you have finished cleaning the marble countertops, ensure that you wipe them dry to avoid streaking.
2. For people who would like to care for their marble countertops a step further, you could consider waxing them from time to time. Although the marble countertops will come with marble sealer, the extra coat of wax will provide additional protection.
3. Keep acidic substances away from marble. Marble is a gorgeous material and although it is not as dense as granite, it is still quite durable. However, it does not react well with acidic substances. These will include liquids such as wine, juice, coffee and more. Spills from acidic substances will cause chemical etching to the marble countertops and this will compromise its appearance.
4. Install marble in areas that experience little traffic. The most common areas for marble installation tend to be kitchen countertops as well as bathroom countertops. Although they make these areas look appealing, the countertops are also much more prone to succumb to wear and tear in these regions. The best places to install marble would be powder bath, surrounding tuba, stone fireplaces, floor tiles as well as table tops. When using marble as floor tiles, ensure you place mats and rugs on areas that experience a lot of foot traffic.
5. If you would like to keep you marble countertops shiny and new, ensure that they are exposed to very little amounts of dust as well as dirt. That is why it important to wipe the marble every day so as not to let the dust get a chance to settle and accumulate. In addition to this, dirt and grime could end up being abrasive to the marble. That is why it is essential to ensure that the marble surfaces are not covered in dirt.
6. If you have marble floor tiles, it is advisable to have visitors take their shoes off at the door before they come in. If this is not an option, then you should have entrance mats for them to scrape of the dirt from their shoes. Small pieces of grit in the shoes will cause scratches to the marble. When cleaning marble floors, use a soft mop or a broom with soft bristles. Vacuuming the marble would also be a good option before cleaning marble but ensure that there is no grit caught in the wheels of the vacuum cleaner.
Well there you have it. Six tips cleaning tips to help sustain the life of your marble countertops. Just be sure to use the right marble cleaner to ensure optimal protection and sustainability.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.