There are various ways to ensure your hair is neat and healthy. Taking a healthy diet is one of the surest ways to keep your hair healthy. Away from consumption of foods, you can also ensure that your hair is as perfect as you wish it to be. All a person has to do is follow some very simple tips for healthy hair.
* Wash the oily hair on a regular basis. The number of times you need to wash your hair depends on the amount of oil produced by your scalp. If you have an oily scalp, you should consider washing it at least once a day. On the other hand, if you treat your hair with chemicals, you should consider washing it less frequently because it is drier. As you keep aging, your scalp produces less oil. Therefore, you should not use the shampoo frequently. This can result to dandruff plus other scalp ailments.
* Use most of the shampoo around your scalp. Any time you wash your hair, focus on cleaning mainly the scalp instead of cleaning the whole hair length. If you wash the hair alone, you can end up nurturing flyaway hair that is coarse and dull. To avoid such a scenario, shampoo your scalp as often as you wash the hair.
* After every shampoo, utilize the conditioner. It is recommended that you use the conditioner after using the shampoo unless the shampoo you are using is 2-in-1 hence able to clean and condition the hair. When you use a conditioner, you will immensely improve the appearance of weathered or damaged hair. This is because the conditioner will help to increase the shine, improve strength and lower static electricity. In addition, a conditioner helps to protect your hair from the harmful UV rays.
* Concentrate the conditioner around your hair tips. Since conditioners can cause your fine hair to appear limp, you should only use them on the tips of your hair. This means you should not use them on the length of your hair or around your scalp. This will give your hair a great look.
* Select the conditioner and shampoo designed mainly to suit the type of your hair. For instance, if you have colored the hair, use the shampoo designed specifically for the color-treated hair. On the contrary, if you hair is chemically treated or damaged, you can utilize the 2-in-1 shampoo. Irrespective of the cost, most conditioner and shampoo brands provide similar benefits.
* Protect your hair whenever you swim. Most swimming pools contain chlorine. You should therefore, guard your hair from the damages resulting from chlorine. The best way to achieve this is to condition and wet the hair prior to swimming. Put on a tight-fitting cap while swimming and only utilize the specially formulated swimming shampoo and a deep conditioner after swimming. These will help to replace the lost moisture.
These are the basic tips to help you take care of your hair. However, if you have questions or perhaps need more information related to hair care, you should consider contacting the dermatologist or perhaps ask a knowledgeable expert at your local hair salon.
This article was contributed by the hair salon experts at Five Senses Spa & Salon.continue...
Acne is a skin condition involving the oil glands found at the base of the hair follicles. Medically known as acne vulgaris, the skin disease is characterized by blackheads, whiteheads and scaly red skin, scarring and large papules. These lesions occur due androgen stimulation that is caused by to changes in the pilosebaceous units, hair follicle and the sebaceous gland.
Severe cases of acne may require specialized treatment from a dermatologist, but in some cases acne treatments at quality day spas can work too. Most acne cases manifest in non-inflammatory forms. However, the acne scars can be embarrassing leaving your skin to lose its smoothness and evenness. There are a number of proven spa treatments for acne that help in reducing the scarring effectively.
One of the spa treatments of acne is micro-dermabrasions. The procedure involves the use of a rotating brush equipped with diamond tips on the affected skin. The instrument removes the top layer of the skin gently leaving an even-looking and smoother skin layer. The hand-held device helps blow crystals onto your skin. The crystals gently polish your skin surface. The process removes the topmost layer of the skin gently promoting the growth of new and more elastic skin.
Chemical peels have also been reported to show excellent results in treating acne. The chemical peels not only reduce acne scarring but also helps in reducing wrinkles and stretch marks. Spa treatments use glycolic acid to remove the top layer of the skin while at the same time enhancing the growth of new scar-free skin layer. The therapy may in cases lead to redness, peeling and blisters. This however lasts for a short period of time.
Laser therapy is also an effective, yet more exclusive spa treatment for acne. It makes use of light wavelengths to enhance the growth of collagen. In addition, laser therapy stimulates the growth of elastin and production of melanin. Most day spas carry out blue light therapy which involves the application of low-intensity blue light on the skin. The blue light is known to destroy bacteria that are responsible for acne and it further improves the appearance of both acne the resultant scars.
The use of pulsed light and heat in spa treatments is also a recommended remedy for acne. Although considerably expensive, the use of pulsed light and heat improves the look on your skin by making use of alternating low intensities of light and heat. The treatment reduces the oil production on your skin as well as killing harmful bacteria and enhancing the growth of new, smoother and healthier skin layer.
There are day spas that use olive oil in treating acne scars. The oil contains an array of nutrients and antioxidants that are proven to deal with various skin conditions. Such spa treatments involve the application of warm olive oil on the affected skin and used to massage. This enhances the blood circulation and goes a great extent in reducing the acne scarring.
The oil contains vitamins A, D and A that get dissolved in the skin and helps improve the appearance of acne. The oil may also be mixed with vinegar and water making a cream that not only moisturizes your skin but also exfoliates it.
Many of these acne treatments can help restore an individuals overall skin health and senses of well-being. To learn more about day spa treatments for acne, click here to visit the website of Five Senses Spa and Salon.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.