Massage is touted as a powerful tool that helps you to take charge of your physical and emotional health and well-being. Massage has been around for centuries in many different cultures. Massage techniques are becoming increasingly popular in the recent years mainly because of the health promoting qualities and curative properties associated with it.
Swedish massage is one of the popular forms of massages practiced in the United States. This therapy incorporates gentle strokes and kneading motions to enhance blood circulation and remove toxins from the muscles.
Swedish massage is a massage technique wherein professional massage therapists incorporates a variety of basic strokes that are applied with light to medium pressure. The extent of pressure generally depends on the client’s personal preferences.
This form of massage implements the use of five distinct massage strokes to provide a healing, relaxing, and rejuvenating experience for the tired muscles in the body. In short the main goal of this massage technique is to provide a relaxing effect for the entire body. This technique has been around for years and considered as the best form of massage for beginners.
Interested in the health benefits of Swedish massage? Below we share 11 great benefits that Swedish massage can have on one's health:
1. Swedish massage techniques are touted to relieve anxiety and alleviate symptoms of stress and depression. This is because the pressure applied relaxes taut muscles and relieves tension.
2. Manipulating the muscles with gliding strokes assures excellent relaxation of the entire body. It is also hailed as an excellent technique to repair overworked and injured muscles.
3. It enhances the blood circulation in the body by delivering more oxygen to all parts of the body.
4. It stimulates the lymphatic system, helps to release the toxins accumulated in the muscles and strengthens the immune system of the body. Elimination of the toxins helps to improve muscle tone.
5. The gliding movements and rhythmic strokes help to relax cramped muscles and relieve spasms.
6. It improves the flexibility of the joints and muscles by providing excellent relief for muscle stiffness and body aches. It short it helps in effective pain management.
7. It enhances the overall function of the nervous system by stimulating the release of the feel good hormones.
8. It is also acclaimed to treat insomnia, headaches, neck pain, eyestrain and excessive anger.
9. It improves digestion and reduces digestive disorders.
10. The long strokes and kneading techniques increases blood circulation and improves skin tone.
11. Last but not the least it improves flexibility and range of motion.
Many wellness spas and massage centers offer Swedish massage to make you look better and feel better. With Swedish massage you are sure to experience a technique that soothes and relaxes the entire body. You can enjoy a slow and gentle or a rigorous treatment depending upon your personal and physical needs.
If you are seeking a soothing and relaxing massage, set your mind free and surrender to the power of a Swedish massage. Swedish massage is a dynamic and directive approach to provide an invigorating and energetic experience. Treat yourself to a Swedish massage and feel the difference.
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.