There are various ways to ensure your hair is neat and healthy. Taking a healthy diet is one of the surest ways to keep your hair healthy. Away from consumption of foods, you can also ensure that your hair is as perfect as you wish it to be. All a person has to do is follow some very simple tips for healthy hair.
* Wash the oily hair on a regular basis. The number of times you need to wash your hair depends on the amount of oil produced by your scalp. If you have an oily scalp, you should consider washing it at least once a day. On the other hand, if you treat your hair with chemicals, you should consider washing it less frequently because it is drier. As you keep aging, your scalp produces less oil. Therefore, you should not use the shampoo frequently. This can result to dandruff plus other scalp ailments.
* Use most of the shampoo around your scalp. Any time you wash your hair, focus on cleaning mainly the scalp instead of cleaning the whole hair length. If you wash the hair alone, you can end up nurturing flyaway hair that is coarse and dull. To avoid such a scenario, shampoo your scalp as often as you wash the hair.
* After every shampoo, utilize the conditioner. It is recommended that you use the conditioner after using the shampoo unless the shampoo you are using is 2-in-1 hence able to clean and condition the hair. When you use a conditioner, you will immensely improve the appearance of weathered or damaged hair. This is because the conditioner will help to increase the shine, improve strength and lower static electricity. In addition, a conditioner helps to protect your hair from the harmful UV rays.
* Concentrate the conditioner around your hair tips. Since conditioners can cause your fine hair to appear limp, you should only use them on the tips of your hair. This means you should not use them on the length of your hair or around your scalp. This will give your hair a great look.
* Select the conditioner and shampoo designed mainly to suit the type of your hair. For instance, if you have colored the hair, use the shampoo designed specifically for the color-treated hair. On the contrary, if you hair is chemically treated or damaged, you can utilize the 2-in-1 shampoo. Irrespective of the cost, most conditioner and shampoo brands provide similar benefits.
* Protect your hair whenever you swim. Most swimming pools contain chlorine. You should therefore, guard your hair from the damages resulting from chlorine. The best way to achieve this is to condition and wet the hair prior to swimming. Put on a tight-fitting cap while swimming and only utilize the specially formulated swimming shampoo and a deep conditioner after swimming. These will help to replace the lost moisture.
These are the basic tips to help you take care of your hair. However, if you have questions or perhaps need more information related to hair care, you should consider contacting the dermatologist or perhaps ask a knowledgeable expert at your local hair salon.
This article was contributed by the hair salon experts at Five Senses Spa & Salon.continue...
Would it surprise you to learn that the biggest health reason why people have to take time off work is stress? Although the number of days lost has fallen over the last decade, the Health And Safety Executive estimate that 10.8 million days are lost every year in the UK because of stress. On average, each person suffering with anxiety, stress or depression takes 27 days away from the office. It’s a massive problem, and something that many employers seem unwilling to deal with. So how do you recognise the signs of stress and deal with it before it becomes an issue?
Stress is often described alongside the related conditions of anxiety and depression as they are all interlinked. By the time you notice that you are feeling under stress, the symptoms have been building up for quite some time. Some of the early indicators that you may be suffering from stress include irritability, anxiety, change in eating habits, headaches, worrying about work and loss of self-esteem. Not everyone suffering with stress has the same symptoms, as every case is highly individual.
Once you have recognised that you are suffering from stress, the next step along the process is trying to work out what it is in your life which is making you stressed. It may not be your job at all; you may be looking after an elderly parent, or dealing with a newborn baby who is awake half the night.
Keeping a diary which details what you have done on a day to day basis and when you have felt stressed will help identify what triggers the symptoms in your case. Simple lifestyle changes such as making the effort to eat healthy, balanced meals rather than grabbing a takeaway, stopping smoking, cutting down on alcohol and taking more exercise can also help combat low-level stress and make you feel better about yourself too. If you feel that symptoms are severe, take a trip to the doctor to explore what other help may be available.
One of the main factors for stress in our everyday lives is that we never seem to get time just to “be”. Whether it’s the kids with constant requests for snacks, or the mobile phone buzzing to let you know you’ve got yet another text from the office, there are more demands on us than ever. It’s not often easy to find time to explore our own interests, but even a few hours a week can make a huge difference.
Leave the mobile at home and go for a long walk in the park, a swim or do an aerobics class at the gym. If being creative is more your sort of thing, put some woodworking tools like a mitre box on your wish list and start planning your first project. Once you’ve got your mitre box and other tools together, make a regular space in the diary to retreat into the garage or spare room to spend some time switched off from the pressures of everyday life and doing something you really enjoy.continue...
It is easy to spot the changes in your skin than your hair. The nutrients in your diet go a long way to strengthen your hair follicle. Although there is more to your hair health than your diet, such as hormonal imbalances, smoking, and insufficient sleep, the foods you consume can greatly affect the feel and look of your hair.
Below are some of the essential foods you should consume for healthy hair:
1. Sweet potatoes: They are among the best foods one can opt for especially if you want healthy hair at all the times. Sweet potatoes produce antioxidant beta-carotene that helps in hair growth. Carrots, mangoes and pumpkin are the other sources of carotene. Therefore, in the absence of sweet potatoes, these alternatives should be used.
2. Oysters: Hair is almost 100% protein hence a good reason for one to consider oysters as a number one priority. This means that one needs as much protein as possible in order to satisfy the fundamental steps involved in keeping the hair healthy. Oysters are also rich in zinc. Lack of zinc irons can lead to loss of hair in almost every part of human being body.
3. Salmon: It is rich in vitamin D which helps in keeping the bones strong and that includes the scalp of the head. The moment the scalp of the head is strong, the growth of hair and shed will be at its best rate thus having a uniform distribution of hair all around.
4. Eggs: They play an important role in making sure the hair is healthy in all ways one can think of. Whenever the mention of eggs comes to mind, it only means one thing, proteins. Eggs contain a number of variables that play a very important role in ones hair. Selnium, sulfur, and iron are some of the elements found in eggs. Lack of iron can lead to a scratchy scalp and loss of hair.
5. Spinach: This is one of the best foods for healthy hair. Most vegetables adequately hydrate the scalp of the hair, thus making it look a little bit shiny and glossy altogether. This great vegetable provides a very important ingredient to the hair, vitamin B-12 to be exact. This vitamin ensures all the beauty nutrients are available to the hair.
6. Walnuts: They have a great amount of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and biotin. Vitamin E protects the DNA in your cells from damage. Low amounts of biotin can lead to loss of hair. Walnuts also contain copper that keeps the natural hair color lustrous and rich.
7. Lentils: Small but rich, lentils contain iron, protein, biotin and Zinc. This makes it suitable for meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans. You can also include soybeans and kidney beans to get the same effect.
8. Greek yogurt: This is a hair-friendly protein that contains vitamin B5 and vitamin D. New research shows a connection between vitamin D and the growth of hair follicle. Alternatives are low-fat cheese, skim milk and cottage cheese.
9. Blueberries: This exotic fruit is rich in vitamin C, which helps in blood circulation to the scalp besides supporting the smaller blood vessels that nourish the follicles. Insufficient vitamin C in your body can cause hair breakage.
10. Poultry: This daily entrée is a powerful source of protein. It is also rich in iron, zinc and vitamin B that help to keep strengthen the strands. Since hair is almost pure protein, protein rich foods really nourish the hair.
Most hair salon stylists will agree that the food you eat can surely influence the health of your hair. Incorporate these ten foods in your diet to promote optimal hair health.continue...
Information and resources on several topics pertaining to better health and wellness.
Discover the top spine specialists in the state of New Jersey - Dr. Joshua Rovner.
Explore a wide range of articles that focus on living better through habitual change and progression.
Offering 30+ years of experience as the leading chiropractors in Bloomington, IL, chiropractors Dr. Timothy Bly and Dr. Justin Hillman stay on the cutting-edge of chiropractic care.
A resource for parents on health and wellness topics like childhood nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
Get the latest research, news, and insights about all types of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Triathlon Coaching, Training Tips, & Resources on How to Become a Better Triathlete.
Explore some of Michigan's top breast augmentation specialists in cities like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Detroit.
Find top breast augmentation surgeons, cost estimates and other information about breast augmentation in the Bay Area.
Information about fitness, weight lose, and living a healthier life.
New York Times blog about health and wellness, particularly fitness and nutrition.
Surprise is still one of the most effective ways to grab attention and promote wellness. See how these giveaways and gifts can make an impact.
Comprehensive family dentistry in Gainesville, Georgia for pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dental care.
Find several different groups specifically about health and wellness
From Zinc sunscreen sticks to high SPF sport sunscreen for athletes. Eco-friendly and water resistent for 8+ hours!
A review blog of various types of plant-based protein powders and supplements.
Wooden toys are almost always made from natural and organic materials. As a result, they offer a safe option compared to conventional toys.
Find Local & Ironman Triathlon Coaches by State at BetterTriathlete.com
Dr. Mik Hamilton is an innovative chiropractor in Berkeley, CA who specializes in The Pettibon System for chiropractic care.
Quest National Services provide medical billing services, EMR software solutions, & other management services to physician practices nationwide.
Atlanta's premier solution for laser hair removal, SmartLipo, Sculpsure, Cellulaze, HydraFacial, and much more.
When you need professional and timely surgery billing solutions, trust Practice Management to help you get revenue sooner from your surgery patients.
A multi-faceted scientist and engineer who is shifting the paradigm in music therapy for mindfulness and health.
The most professional and effective destination for cold laser/K-laser therapy in the Bay Area of California.
Experience a safe and highly-effective treatment to take years of aging off your face.